My philosophy on birth is straightforward — I believe that women deserve to be informed on all choices during the prenatal, birth, and postpartum period. When a woman understands more about her maternity care, she is equipped to make the best decision for herself and her baby. My role as your doula is to help you get to that place of knowledge, and once it’s time for your birth, to support you — physically and emotionally — in your decisions. I am in awe of pregnancy and birth, and am honored to serve women and families during this time. See “About Cara” to learn more about me.
Birth Doula Services
I am a doula serving the greater Orlando area, including Seminole County and Orange County, and in the cities of Lake Mary, Sanford, Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Longwood, Apopka, Oviedo, Winter Springs, and beyond. I will travel to most locations throughout area, up to 25 miles. Upon contacting me, we will arrange a time to meet. This meeting is complimentary and allows you and your partner to get to know more about me and determine if we are a good fit. (See: Questions to ask your doula) I encourage you to meet and interview more than one doula. If you decide that we would be a good match, sign and submit my contract and retainer fee, and we will schedule our first prenatal appointment. You can find out my current availability on DoulaMatch.net.
After you hire me, I am available by phone or email to answer any questions or discuss concerns. Under most circumstances, I am able to return your call/text/email within 2 hours, if I don’t pick up right away. I have several resources at my disposal and I can offer you suggestions and materials that you may find useful. At a minimum, checking in with me after each doctor/midwife appointment is a good routine to establish. I will inform you of times when I go out of town prior to the on-call period before your due date.
The following is included with my doula services:
- One to two prenatal appointments – one initial meeting to become more acquainted and discuss your priorities and any fears or concerns; a second meeting to review your birth plan, address questions or concerns about birth, discuss your preferences for comfort measures and pain medications, and plan how best to work together with you and your partner
- Phone and email support throughout your pregnancy
- 24-hour on-call status up to the point you go into labor, beginning two weeks prior to your due date (during this time, I will not leave the greater Myrtle Beach area)
- Access to a back-up doula
- Meet you at your home or at place of birth during labor, depending on progress of labor
- Continuous labor support at your birth
- Support immediately after your birth (usually 2-3 hours) and help with initial breastfeeding, if desired
- Snapshot photos of your birth (if desired and when possible; “doula-ing” is my main priority)
- Phone and email breastfeeding and postpartum support after birth
- One postpartum meeting to check in on you and your baby’s well-being, discuss your birth, as well as provide you with a written timeline of your birth
The fee for my doula services is $700. A retainer of $350 is due at the time of hiring my services and the remainder is due on or before your 38th week of pregnancy. You can pay for services via cash, check or through my website via PayPal.
I also offer private childbirth classes in the Orlando area, based on the Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices. There are three different courses ranging in length from 2.5 to 8 hours, depending on your needs. If you sign up for a class and are also a doula client, I offer a $25 discount on class fees.
Contact me for more information or to schedule an appointment.